Things I Like Right Now
Happy September 1st. I’m officially over summer.
Now that we’re one step closer to fall, my joy level has increased by at least 20%.
Since I’m feeling generous in this enhanced state of happiness, I’d like to share of my favorite things of the moment.
- Nashville. The city, not the show. I just got back from a glorious girl’s weekend in Music City. Loved every minute - from my 10:30 a.m. bourbon at the Honky Tonk bar to the last night of Bluegrass and Blue Moons in the Gulch. And I also feel like I understand why Reese named her son Tennessee.
- Bitch Sesh. If my fellow reality-loving friends and I had a podcast, this would be it. Starring Casey Wilson (“Penny” of ABC’s Happy Endings), Bitch Sesh dives into all of the meaningless Real Housewives (and then some) crap that normal people would never discuss out loud. These are my people.
- Bamboo Readers. Nashville has a lot of great little independent shops, including one in East Nashville where I found my new favorite reading glasses. Yes, reading glasses. Cause I’m 44 and I can’t see, okay? But these almost make it worthwhile because they’re so cute. Mine are dark turquoise.
- The Night Of. I was obsessed with this HBO miniseries from the moment I learned that it was James Gandolfini’s project before his untimely passing. And it didn’t disappointing. Gripping. Frustrating. Even a little funny. And most importantly, the eczema storyline eventually made sense (and yes, this matters to anyone who watched).
- Craft cocktails. Before heading off to enjoy several amazing craft cocktails in Nashville last weekend, I went to Charlie Was a Sinner in Midtown Village, Philadelphia. They’ve perfected the art. But Nashville was no slouch in that department either. Each drink was better than the next, particularly The La Sirenita at Tavern (tequila, Combier, lime, pineapple, jalapeño, agave and cilantro) and The Orange Picker at The Stillery (Pickers blood orange, St. Germain elderflower liquor, lime and soda in a mason jar). Note to self: must start a weekly craft cocktail night at home.