The Honey "Listen" List
I don’t need a “honey do” list because my honey does a lot around our house. More than me. What he doesn’t do well is listen. Do I talk a lot? Yes. Am I a nag? Sure. But, I also remember a lot. For the both of us. Plans for the week. Niece’s birthday. His eye doctor appointment.
And as a result, I have to repeat myself a lot. A lot.
Why? I mean seriously – why doesn’t he hear me when I speak? I’ve given this a lot of thought and have narrowed it down to the following possibilities:
- The obvious – maybe he has a legit hearing problem.
- The sound of my voice creates an unbearable shrieking sound in his head.
- He’s drinking a beer.
- He’s figured out that no listening = no responsibility.
- He enjoys seeing me angry.
- His brain can only retain information about the Pittsburgh Steelers and politics.
- The television is on.
- He’s heard it all before.
- There’s a cool video on his phone.
- He’s hungry, tired, fill in the blank…