There is no greater therapy for me (aside from red wine) than good music.
Specifically my music - those songs that take me to another time and place, infuse my soul and lessen my burdens.
These are the songs that fill me with passion, pain, joy and heartache. Sometimes they find me; sometimes I find them.
Everyone should have a soundtrack to their life. Not just the songs that have meaning, but the ones that make you feel like you – the best you, the real you, the you that you love.
The bestseller on my soundtrack is “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol. It captures every feeling I have about my husband Ryan. Not only was it center stage in his marriage proposal, but it’s a strange, beautiful force that seeks me out when I need it most.
Brace yourselves for a lot of chick music…
- "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol
- “Crucify” - Tori Amos
- “Because of You” - Kelly Clarkson
- “Comfortably Numb” – Pink Floyd
- “Closer to Fine” – Indigo Girls
- “Respect” – Aretha Franklin
- “Walk Unafraid” – First Aid Kid
- “Boots of Spanish Leather” – Amos Lee
- “Crazy Baby” – Joan Osborne
- "Breakable" - Fisher
- “Changed the Locks” – Lucinda Williams
- "Same Old Lang Syne" - Dan Fogelberg
- “Mother Mother” – Tracy Bonham
- “Self Esteem” – The Offspring
- “Just Breathe” – Pearl Jam
- “The Promise” – Tracy Chapman
- “Lost in the Flood” – Bruce Springsteen
- “Like a Prayer” – Madonna
- "Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye" - Roberta Flack
- “I Want to Come Over” – Melissa Etheridge